World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Damn...I'm A Freshman Again





Small doubts have been a part of my jiu-jitsu travels since the beginning. but always, it seemed I was ahead of them. I trust in Coach Allen and Marcus' judgment implicitly, and know they believe in my abilities, but the goals I've set for myself (Most notably the next one up - Winning My Weight Division at Mundials ...[And possibly facing and beating Kron there in the absolute]) are seeming to me to be very large ones indeed...
I feel like I deserve to be where I am(Marrom), but don't "know", it like I did at Roxa...It's like I am going from 8th grade to a Freshman in HS or my Sr. year in HS to being a Freshman in College again.
I haven't worked hard enough. As much as I sacrifice and have been selfish too the rest of the world in my training and travels, the fact is, I have not done enough to attain the levels I set forth for myself. On top of that, I have in my heart a desire not to be a disappointment to Coaches/training partners/family/friends by not maintaining the level I success, I have been setting recently.
Taught my first class at faixa marrom this past Sunday, and the whole time I felt the weight of not wishing to lead people in the wrong direction and having to have all the answers such as I have never felt b/c of my new rank...
Last night I was cleared to roll by the doc since my procedure, and even though I know my cardio and reflexes are a bit off as I am still having some physical problems (the arm issue has NOT gone away :(...having weird heart palpitations pretty much all day now, and not getting but perhaps 2 hrs sleep a night ), but I felt the pressure of needing to look good and dominant even though I was working escapes and starting from bad positions to make sure I was sharp...I wasn't in danger and got more than a few submissions after working my way out of positions, but, not in the fashion or ease, that I feel a brown should be doing.
I just don't want to be a disappointment...Problem is, I am already disappointing me.


Thought For The Day:
You will have no peace while causing discord.


Check out this video of the next
WEC Lightweight Champion...
Marcus Hicks:


No comments: