World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday's Class




Woke up this morning at 207.3...So I am doing well minimizing my overnight weight loss(normal is 1 - 2.4 pounds per night) ... Got to class, and was happy to see that I had about 12 guys already there waiting and ready to go!...Was a good mix of guys there...I'd already done my workout for the morning, and was advised by Marcus not to do any hard rolling etc today because of fatigue feeling in my muscles...

Getting to teach is a privilege and an honor that I don't take lightly and I really enjoy it...Been liking it more so lately b/c it seems as if the folks who come to the class really are getting what Ive been showing and are actually beginning to use it effectively...

Today I taught two different kneeling guard Breaks and the reverse variation to my favorite under/over pass...Most everyone got the basics of it down...this was after the 1hr warm up/drills section where we did jiu-jitsu specific exercises...Rolling we did 5min on1min off, with the person on bottom having to reverse or submit in the last 30 seconds or they did cardio between rounds instead of getting water/rest....at the end we did a bit more strenuous cardio and no one quit...I'm very proud of everyone on that!...


As for me...These sinuses are kickin my ass..seems like every few hours I got to use a damned inhaler..hope they let me bring that over on the plane this coming weekend...Seems like I will be ok to go to the tournament...just gonna be really tight on $ as a lot of things here at home are pressing because of the back out of one of the sponsors...As for physically, my weight is coming along fine..just wish it wasn't so hard to gain as I'd like to be about 211 or so when I go over there...Hopefully I can make it to at least 209 or so and maintain it...Since I will be scaling back practice after tonight, that should be attainable if I continue to eat right!...


My technique has been feeling tight lately, and my guard passing/escape from side control have been improving greatly (there are two of the things I felt needed to work on to get to the next level)...Trying to get into the game face mindset...Since this is first tournament of the year, I want to start on a positive note and bring home one if not two golds...

got to figure out if i can make calls from over there on my sprint phone (i doubt it) and if i will be able to blog in real time from someplace....


Anyways..back to work on the plantation...Happy MLK day everyone...hope yall are home resting and reflecting as i am here slaving at the job...:(

No comments: