World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Hard Work Pays Off...I think!






Another day another workout...

Still having issues at work so getting through today was a drain...did the usual morning workout (sit ups, pull ups, dips, six inches, jump squats, and did the stairs in my bldg. till one of the neighbors came out and looked at me sideways! lol) but energy was sapped b/c I knew I had to go in to the job and face the same b.s. project...


Anyways...got in to practice determined to work my pass and variations off it, and to get the back, and/or any submission once I passed...Got told something that someone said to Coach Allen about me that was really funny to me tonight...tell ya bout that at the end ...


Oh at work i did the stairs a few times and snuck in some push ups at lunchtime..got through 50 inverted push ups straight without stopping and added a set of ten on top of it and did some burpees as well trying to blow off steam from some meetings and trying to to strangle folks i work with! lol......so i was really tired at the end of the day....

Tonight's lessons and warm ups in class were directed at working on flowing with guillotines, rear naked chokes, and thumb chokes...Worked these pretty well, but my thumb choke chin control is really lacking so I need to step up the repetitions on this somehow to get good at it...it's something I've envied that Marcus Hicks does and want to put it in my game...From there we moved on to rolling...I paired up with one of our really good high blue belts(to me he rolls at purple level from my experiences in competition)...i worked in his guard which is a bad place to be as he is really good at throwing arm bars from pretty much anywhere and he has always given me trouble with his submissions and control...But my guard breaks were on point and i actually got my under over pass and went to side control pretty well (something he had always been able to keep me from flattening him out)... i worked my lapel choke but made a mistake and let him to his knees which normally meant he would reverse and get on top where he has really good control...BUT...i actually worked another pick up pass i've been working on and got side control again...ended up making another hip control mistake and got back to knees again, but this time i sat into his butterfly guard and worked to reverse his reversal and worked him into a triangle...kinda difficult to explain but it's something that has come to me naturally...got to the triangle and finished...
We went together again for the second round which we started with him in side control...i escaped to half-guard and then reversed and went straight to the back (it's amazing how things come together sometimes when u just execute without pauses)...went there straightened him out and worked on my control and bow and arrow choke..he defended really well but my control with my hips was tight and allowed me to work to Uma Plata...here, i made another mistake and let him straighten up(coupled with the fact he went into the counter fast and is damn good!), but i worked that into a reversal and back to trying Uma Plata...same mistake of not blocking the hip and flattening him out so he crossed over but i slid out the back and got to hid back again and got to a rear naked choke... had some really good control moves with the lapel and arms, and i worked pretty well with blocking the lead arm in half guard and scooting but my Uma Plata and finishing moves from the back asn attacking/reversals from half-guard need work...
Third roll started with him on side mount with me flattened out...ive been working on a new arm placement with my arms inside the one of our Brown belts taught me and it worked really good for getting me to my side but i kept forgetting to block the cross-face he was throwing so it took me a while to recover half guard...i ended up getting a reversal and worked to my gi choke with the bottom label...started again with him on top...and worked for the reversal but he was in really good positioning this time and his movement seemed to be a step ahead of every move i was doing to escape...he ended up catching me in an arm bar as he was rolling to avoid my passing..he fought me hard as hell for it...dude is really good and showed me where i need to improve...the pictures are from these rolls...

had another roll to show some one my favorite move (Triangulo Do Pesadelo)...i just love that move...got a flick of that one too...

after this we worked take downs...i went to do my normal after class stuff...push ups-50, bag sit ups-60, regular strap pull ups-25, hard grip pull ups-7, 60 second dead hang from Gi material, 150 sprawls...

In the midst of this, there's a new guy in class who asks em to roll with him because he wanted to "see how he'd do with a purple belt"...If you know me, you might know how it went...tired as i was..i passed to side control faster than I've ever done actually(i was proud of me) and worked from 10 finger guillotine to a knee on the throat choke that Carl (one of our black belts taught me), back to anaconda choke, back to side control where we got stopped for folks needing space for take downs...we went over to the ring and resumed...i passed...when to work a knee on stomach to triangle set up i kinda dreamed up, and i think it was gonna work till BAM!!!...Charley horse in the hamstring...ain't had one of them in a LONG time..i drink more than a gallon of water a day..but i guess the level and load of the increase in my training is catching up b/c my arms, back, everything started seizing up...so i had to stop there...but it's kinda cool sometimes to just pass, and know u can do whatever u like while telling the person to move...knowing they can't...i don't enjoy that feeling too much but i did tonight


skipping some other stuff... I'm talking to my instructor...coach Allen after class, and he says someone asked him if I was on steroids or HGH because of how ripped I was and how I've been gaining...(not the kid..i'm too broke...too scraed of needles...and the health risks to me in my condition aren't worth it....plus...if i do my technique correctly...it won't matter about the strength/size!...that's why i fight up a weight division in tournaments)....LOL guess that means all this suffering and hard work are paying off!!!!!

for the class pictures tonight..don't get mad if they are a lil blurry..my daughter was taking them with her new camera...so if y'all talk bout my baby's pictures...i'mma buss u in da nose!...had one i was gonna put up of some guys and one of me and coach Allen but she cut our heads off ...so next time I will put em up...

No comments: