World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Friday, January 16, 2009

.....and so it begins...







Weight: 197.6

The shoulder seems a bit better...It doesn't hurt constantly anymore, though I can feel it being a significant amount weaker than the other...Doing cardio and PT today and doing drills tonight during class I have been able to mask it by creating even more flow and movement than normal, and it's really opened up my game, so this may be a pretty good thing...We shall see....
At class tonight I got to teach some details on the triangle and then got to teach chain submissions from there as well...It felt kind of good to be able to pass on a few things I've worked on myself...Also did some competition roll training afterward....Was a small class but felt good being asked to instruct a technique while coach Allen was still in the room...Really made me feel like my skill or knowledge was...I guess....certified a tad bit...
Anyways, when I got home, I got a call from the owner of Animal Fightwear and was offered to fight in one of the 3 super fights(2 male super fights and one female) at his tournament in February...I am kind of nervous as my opponent is VERY good, and just for the fact that no matter how many tournaments I have been in, this is my first official super fight! i am sure though that it will help me get ready for the rest of my goals this year and will most certainly put my best foot forward in it! Anyways, i have to still work towards getting ready for the European Championships at the end of this month and knowing that I have to deal with my neck surgical procedure sometime next week...I sure hope I can shake that off and get some work in before i have to scale back to get ready for tournament shape...I need to work smarter as I do need some level of work refining a couple guard passes, as well as some top transitions and one particular top submission on making it more automatic and getting the correct details for when I have to force it and change it to another...Not being able to go as hard as I would without having had neck surgery, I will have to really get the most out of the least amount of training....I feel like even though I have a headache and am in pain pretty much constantly, the level of fitness and readiness has peaked a bit too soon, so I have t work on it....Plus my weight is low...All that aside, I honestly feel pretty good inside for some reason....so....I fight on.....

Thought For The Day: Work is not splitting stones. Use the least force to the greatest effect.

No comments: