World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Training Wrap...Hicks Wins...Getting Old And Still Ready 4 Pan Ams

California Pyramid

Me and Tyler (Good Friend, Good Jiu-Jitsu Player, and my Equipment Sponsor)
www.gomgi.com


Me And WEC Featherweight Champ Uriah Faber at Marcus' Fight


The Second Left Marcus Hurt Him With


Marcus Goin' 2 Gettem



Thumb Choke Tight! The End!


Winner And Soon To Be WEC Lightweight Champion - Marcus Hicks
http://www.marcushicks.com


Well my last day of training camp was this past Tuesday. The Early session was especially tough as the Black Belts and really good Browns all worked out pushing the pace ... I did 4 10 minute sessions and only lost one to Felipe' Neto...(Hell I lost like 7 or 8 times in that 10 minutes! lol)...He had answers for everything I tried and really has kind of an innovative and crushing game...I got submissions in each of the other sessions I rolled (Two with Purples and one with a brown)...
In between I got another hour of work in with Tarsis ON some things I hope to implement in competition then went to visit my Aunt whom I hadn't seen in a long time. Went to visit my Uncles' grave...Only added these things because they helped settle my mind...It's amazing sometimes what you have to let go of in your own time, and how well it allows you to have clarity on other things in your life...
The Night session was also a very competition cardio inspired session, and I had 4 more 10 min rounds...one with Chris Moriarty (he beat me about 7-3), One with Soluco(2degree BB in BJJ and BB in Judo...He beat me 10-4...his takedowns are wicked!)...he also had a couple of very nice subs on me...the other two were with a couple browns there which i won 3-2 and 2-0 with one sub...Anyways, I am feeling very confident.

Wednesday I go off to Vegas ... My boy Marcus Hicks (STILL UNDEFEATED) fought in that night's WEC live fights on Versus Channel..if you missed it, they do have rebroadcasts frequently...make sure you catch it, because he put an ASS whuppin on also previously unbeaten Ed Ratcliff....HE is in line for a shot at the title...Can't wait till he puts the ass whupping on Varner...It was tight to see and hear Frank Mir come over and rave over Marcus' technique/fortitude/and skill...he even offered for Marcus to come train with him....I'm really proud of him...

That night I go back to the hotel, and between running around, traveling, not always eating right, and missing medication times I'm feeling sick...Sometimes stress and problems drain you as much as physical problems, plus, now that Kelly won his fight, Marcus won his, and it seems folks are doing really good things, it's like I'm not wanting to be the one that doesn't deliver...Anyways, I been throwing up and feeling like a cold coming on, in addition to my damned eye being irritated as hell, and still having issues with the back of my hand from the surgical procedure I had, and messed my damned heel up walking some how....
I'm getting too damned old...
Anyways...I get my upchucking under control, but still feeling weak...
I am writing this from my hotel room in Los Angeles...Just got a call from one of our guys out here, and will try to catch up to everyone later tonight for dinner...But For now I am about to check my weight in the fitness center...try to eat a bit and get some sleep and try to steer clear of stress...
Thought For Today:
If it weren't hard it wouldn't be worth it right?

No comments: