World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pan American Champonships Day-1...We Got A Champ...



As I write this I feel horrible. I slept, but not really well...
My knees have been stiffening since I got to L.A. for some reason...BOTH of them...Walking is becoming a bit of a chore...Though they aren't giving me pain, the range of motion is limited...In addition...from all the yelling and standing and walking back and forth yesterday, my throat is sore as hell and my head is still killing me (now seems to be feeling starting one of my other kind of headaches)...I've stopped throwing up and feeling like I have to though so that's one good thing...Going to get a good breakfast in and see about getting hydrated correctly because I am not at the moment...I sweat profusely overnight....

Anyways...I am not sure of my weight so I will say that on the next post...
On the the Pan Ams...
We had several folks from my gym participate...and i will say this...I am EXTREMELY proud of all of them...
Sam (White/Heavy) won two or three matches then lost a close one at the end after a slip, but he dominated those he won...He lost the round right before the medals...:(...I feel for him, because through helping him train, I could see he was really there to take it far into the brackets if not win it all...He will be a beast soon...He doesn't realize how close he is to it or how good he can become, but I can see it...
Dallas...got SCREWED!...He had two...TWO clear takedown/reversals that the referee looked at and did not score, and he gave the guy against Dallas two power reversals where he jut rolled (which are NOT supposed to be scored) ...At BEST, Dallas should have been up by 4pts, at WORST it should have been tied...Anyways...I watched Dallas prepare for this one...and he busted his ASS! Lot's of folks don't take it that serious...His game came a LONG way from what I saw, and can't wait for it to be rewarded to him because he really deserves it.
Rocky fought hard and lost a tough match...I think his cutting affected his energy seriously...He was better than the guy he went against but he said he had nothing left in him to move...He can be really good if he focuses, so the next time, we will have him have to step it up in training and get his weight ready before the tournament...
Robert fought his opponent hard and I thought was sure on his way to a victory...Just a few little inches here or there would have made the difference,..but man, I am amazed he was even on the mats let alone looking as good as he did...He had a Staph infection as well as an upper respiratory infection which only cleared up days earlier...He was still feeling the effects and could not train pretty much for the last couple weeks...His next opponents will pay for it..He should be heartened by his performance...I'm proud!
JJHolmes...Pan American Blue Belt...Meio-Pesado CHAMPION
What can I say here? Congrats..He dominated all his opponents..took them down, and used his superior wrestling/scrambling to keep out of trouble...Hopefully we can work on some of his little bad habits to keep him from getting caught in something later...but..Dude DID the damn thing...He was tired but kept pressing...Not much more to say but I am proud to have him as a team mate and very happy for him as a friend...I hope it sinks in for him how big what he did is...Next...World's?

As for the day overall..it was good...would have been great if I felt better but, I got to hang out with the Alliance team in general and our Mohler team in specific...AND got to meet some of my jiu-jitsu players I admire like Jacare' and Xande etc etc...

Well, today, I go to the rings...Weight division in the mid-day, and open division tonight...I plan on making it a great one...
There is no pain. There is no infirmity. There is nothing but those three little taps from my opponent, and the gold around my neck. Time is here.

No comments: