World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Late But On Time




Weight: 202.5

I know, I know it's been a LONG time. Just got a little overwhelmed with life (losing and gaining a job), Students (learning the nuances of dealing with teaching different personalities), and with training in general. I am sorry, I just have also had issues with dealing with what I actually put in here as opposed to what should go in here and the indecision about how to properly document things in addition to getting my daughter acclimated to school, bjj, homework schedule has just limited the time I get to put things down...

I will do better though...

Let's see...In the time I've been gone, I've had my first set of students test and had 3 that got their 1st stripe on their White Belts...Been through a LOT as far as training is concerned...Had some AMAZING results in class on several holes that I've closed up and have felt really good about my ability to adapt moves to my own particular needs/etc....At the same time have felt some complete frustration at my inability at times to deal with things so simple that should be second nature...My mind just isn't as sharp and I'm not sure why....Did a lot of refereeing..lost to a 2 time black belt world champion...Taught a few private lessons...Got invited to do a seminar (hope this comes through)...Worked with one of my boys (Ron) and saw him continue to improve while winning pretty much everything he's been entering (placing no less than 2nd when he hasn't)...

Anyways...Been having a really good time also with my daughter being back at class...Had her come back in her third class after returning from being gone over the summer...Did a in-house tournament..and the 1st match she had she got a nice head snap to outside leg trip take down...passed guard...went to mount...worked the collar choke to set up the triangle...set it...rolled and finished...the next, she got an inside trip...went to mount and finished with an Ezekiel choke from the mount...VERY proud of her...Next tournament coming around I will put her in...

My teaching has been going well...Have a good couple of guys who are blue belts where I train, who come to help so I can demonstrate the techniques and all in all a great bunch of students who really want to learn...They improve on the whole every class which is a good feeling for me as it shows their commitment...There is one, who my coach says God sent me to test me...Honestly, the guy tests me EVERY class...I haven't blown up yet, and pray that I don't ever, but it is VERY hard...

Been working much more top game, in trying to make more efficient and automatic, my submissions from the top...I still remove my weight too much at times, but have been able to compensate with movement and staying ahead in my set ups...But that must be eliminated...a few new GI chokes as well as chokes that can be translated to no-gi have found themselves to be very natural feeling so I've got more weapons as well as I think I have discovered one unique move and 1 unique set up for triangle that I am researching..won't say what, nor will I teach them until I see if this is the case...I truly hope it is...Also have to work on my attitude...Need to go back to my Go Gettem attitude...Need to get back to attacking...

My health is ok in general but have messed up my neck and lower back once again. The pain and numbness is creeping back into my forearms and my neck has been causing headaches (as well as lack of sleep and perhaps pressure onto my nerve center) and I am having another cortico epidrual procedure on this Wednesday to see if I can get this feeling to go away as it is killing me in training...Also, ended up passing out and having a seizure while at the Battle of H-Town...Went to the doctor today...Had a neuro work up as well as passed information to my oncologist...Also had the little test where they measure impulses in nerves and some are off...It seems my neck issues may be the problem but hopefully not. The procedure Wednesday, along with a second (to be scheduled later) which would target problems in my lower back (which is causing sciatica and some other hip problems) and my Brachial plexus will resolve all this...Thank you to Conrinha, Pat Hardy, Leonardo Xavier, Raphael Ellwanger, and the attending doctors for all taking care of me and showing such concern when I was out.

anyways...American Nationals are coming up...can't afford it but hopefully some sponsorship will come up...Also just hope to feel ok enough to even be able to do it physically...Even though I hate no-gi, the No-Gi Pan Ams are making history in New York so I hope to be able to get to that one too...Once again got to find sponsors to make that happen...Hotels in New York are high as giraffe ass on a 757....I have given up on making the Asian Open in Tokyo in Nov. and may try to work towards doing the European Open in Portugal in Jan...Not sure though....We shall see how things fall...

I have more people to introduce you to, and more things to say, but for now just want you to know I'm back on the case, and will be more regular with it...


Thought For The Day: When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

The warrior's intention should be simply to grasp his sword and to die.
- Kiyomasa Kato (1562-1611)

1 comment:

Joon Oh said...

Nice to have you posting again. So let me get something clear... You HAVE opened your new school, correct? Also, thanks for this. Not a religious person, but I do take in inspiring words from where ever they may come.

"Thought For The Day: When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better."