World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Brasileiros Day Three: Great Day...(UPDATED)







Weight: 219.8

Firstly, I have a lot more confidence that I can at least win a match or two at Mundials and not look stupid now...Also have more confidence in my conditioning work, (even though when surfing I tired out after about 20 minutes of fighting waves! lol) as I felt great throughout the day...that said, life is kicking that ass again and no matter what I feel my performance could be, just is no way I can afford to make it to Mundials with all that's happening and happened to date...Really sucks as it turned from me just wanting to go to have a decent test, to me having confidence I could do OK, and when it turned to that, I have things just go south! Ehh..that's life. On to the blogging...

Well the day started off great as far as the tournament went. I got to see some GREAT Black belt matches and it felt good that Alliance was WAY out in front after the Brown belt results the day before!!! Seeing Terere's return was the highlight of the day...His band and rowdy group of fans livened up the entire venue! Between Professor Paiva and Gurgel, in addition to the work put in by Coaches Marcus and Allen, my level of proficiency has gone up a lot more than I thought it would. After seeing the Black belts though, it is really daunting to think that I would be anywhere close to being near competitive technically on the next level without years of work. As old as I am now, by that time, I will be 50 and unable to move! lol...Anyways, I got to get out to the beach, do a little running and sightseeing, as well as caught up with the surf professor Gidget for some surfing (Well, more like for some standing up and wiping the hell out! lol) ... Then it was off to the airport...Sucks that was the only nice weather day while I was there and that I couldn't stay an extra day...Anyways, everything was good until I got to the airport...

Once I got there, I get a call and find out that my dog is really sick...And talking to the veterinarian, she was in shock and close to passing away...that said, do not EVER, EVER take your pet to I-20 Animal Medical Center-Dr. Diane G. (not sure the last name) as they really just want to get you for your $ and don't care about the actual pet...I was told by this goatmouf trick to choose between paying $1300(the first # was $2200!!) and putting my dog to sleep! I tell her I have about $400 and can pay the rest Thursday upon getting paid, bear in mind I am in an airport in BRAZIL on a SUNDAY! she tells me "just put the dog to sleep then." Upon being given this "Choice", I asked what was wrong with her...The chick tells me she doesn't know, so I ask, what does me paying you $1300 do if you have no idea what you are treating her for? Long story short (there's a LOT more, but I digress as this is for something else), I decide not to put the baby to sleep, and get her the next day to the nice doctors at the Banfield in Pet Smart near my home...Brought her in(she couldn't even lift her head, sit up, nothing) and within a few hours she was sitting up and today she is doing great! All this for a little more than half what those other folks were to charge me without even finding out what was wrong! she should be able to go home today, so if you would, send a prayer up for her...

Once I get back home from these trips, it's like getting back to work on the chain gang...Even though I never really get to go out or do the "normal" vacation things that people do when out of town as I am focused so much on performing well before a tournament, then resting and recovering after, it is still great because it allows me a release....Allows me an escape...I go to a place where the only thing that exists is my passion for the gentle art, where I can just be me and have peace of mind...But at home, life intrudes once again...Case in point, the truck issue is back, and not only do I have to have it fixed, but in a week or so, I have to come up with a down payment and buy something new! With all that has gone on, there is no way to do that...Problem is, with my school, if I have no way to get around, I don't know what will happen...will pray on it...

Speaking of which, I am very happy with my students' progress. The few I do have, work extremely hard and they believe in what I am giving them. That will go a long way as thy all have talent and promise.

As for my jiu-jitsu, I need to work more on the sweep prevention and half guard passing, and there is a particular pass which is pretty much the only one I get passed with, the few times I do get passed. This reared it's head again in training in Leblon, and needs to be fixed...good thing is, it is one of, if not the favorite passes Marcus does..That should help me get it cleared up in no time, plus Fabio said he would work on it with me if I got to the camp before Mundials...though I do not see that happening now...My left knee is jacked up and hurts badly when bending and flexing and I still need to get in to the doctor to get ANOTHER procedure on my back...It only locked up once while in Brazil, but still, it is a problem that needs fixing...ASAP...No matter... Still...I Fight On...


Thought For The Day: "In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbow'd."

No comments: