World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Pimp Named Slickback (Yes! You Say It All Together!)

After Training Tonight

A Pimp Named Slickback!

:)

Weight: 200.4

Sometimes things have to be put all together to be understood...A piece here or there only gives you mastery over the pieces, but not the objective of the pieces put together...Tonight at practice it was difficult to focus as the day I've had, together with no transportation, together with finding out my father has to battle the same monster I did (and still do every day), on top of really just being unable to sleep well or at all just made for a tough to focus day....On top of all that, I finally figured out why when I was laying in bed to sleep, I couldn't get comfortable...I think I pulled some rib muscle or cartilage. :( Damn...Anyways, I went in tonight wanting to work on sweep defense and balance when passing and aggressively placing and controlling my weight on my opponent to be able to steer them where I wish them to be and move them into submission position...Coach Allen taught foot-over pass-control when someone is doing the leg between guard pass, and then he taught the single leg sweep off the knee up the middle pass ending in a knee bar as well as the body positioning and weight on the resulting pass after you finish the sweep....He also showed me some variations to sweep from the first defense technique he showed, and on the second this gave me opportunities to work on what I wanted to, as it gave me a better understanding of the sweeps and what was to be achieved to make them successful, so I got a greater understanding of how to render them ineffective against me...Before rolling, Coach promoted two guys from the class: Omar to Blue Belt and Corey to Purple Belt! Congrats guys! They both work REALLY hard and are definitions of "student of the game". Corey has come a long way and is really showing it not only through his own technique, but in his teaching of others and of the kids when helping out with them!...When we got to rolling I ended up being able to work on my no hand body control a few times once I got guard passes (where you work to maintain side control and/or transition without using your hands, just body positioning) and it worked great...My control is coming a long very well though it is far from where I want it to be. The other thing that is getting much better and I feel much more natural and at level about is my transitioning naturally and intuitively while making certain that every transition is a pressure transition (i.e. you put the opponent on the defensive each time you transition to a different position or technique) . I still suck at my sweep defense from a couple half guard sweeps and on one when I stand as I do not place the proper pressure and weight in some, in the latter I do not move away enough and place my opponent at the proper angle to disarm their attack/sweep attempt...I'm ok with it, but for my level(more like for those above my level where i wish to be), i do not defend it well enough. :( I will continue work on it...I put in a lot more work on my grip strength and hip movement after rolling and worked cardio...I do not think financially I will be able to make Pan Ams in March (That puts the Abu Dhabi Pro BJJ Trials at the end of this month in Florida out of reach as well.). The sponsors I thought would be in hand by now as they said have not been heard from, so my limit hads been pretty much reached....That said, I will make certain that I am ready physically and mentally at the level I feel I should be by then. At least that is a goal to reach that I can pretty much measure myself since I know what the holes are. Anyways...I'm sleepe so....I fight on...

Thought For The Day: The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive!


Tell the people you love that you love them....EVERY CHANCE YOU GET! You know not when the chance will be gone.

No comments: