World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

To Learn, One Must Teach






Weight 196.8 :( Being sick, I've lost a bit, but I am a tad bit better now...

I got some big news (at least I think it is, but it's down a little ways as I haven't updated in a while)
Been sick lately, and dealing with the toes in addition to whatever cold/flu/allergy I've had has sucked ass...On top of that money/job/people/etc have all been problems in some way shape form or fashion...It takes motivation away at times but thankfully not totally...

I started back training, and have to wear these dumb ass wrestling shoes b/c of my toes...it hinders some things but honestly, I think I've passed another one of the plateaus that you hit in training...I see things almost before they happen now, and even when rolling with really technical brown belts, I have been able to employ the techniques I saw at Mundials very effectively...My guard passing and control in half guard and pressure have all increased just as a result of me listening to my coaches and implementing some things I saw in practice at the highest level....Couple of highlights were executing a perfect pressure pass on one of our most technical brown belts and then maintaining side control efficiently...I got the compliment that I felt heavy afterward and that meant the world to me as it's always seemed that I played a light man's game...The other was getting one of our really big guys (at least 245 and strong as an ox) in a triangle after passing his guard, maintaining mount and being able to keep the pressure on...And this was without the GI!!! In the process though I think I strained a ligament in my knee in addition to getting a hurt neck and hurting my toes....:(
I've been cleaning up my judo as well...This...I will enjoy adding to my game...Once I do, things will be rough on the competition...Thing is it will take some time...Not sure how much I can implement by July in Brazil but, it will be done...I will put my time in...

Now for the news, I am now the Head Jiu-Jitsu instructor at Vision Martial Arts in Plano...On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I will be there teaching from 7:00pm - 8:30pm...It's a very small class as of now, but I hope to help it grow...As the people in the class are VERY new (most have no more than perhaps a month or two under the past teacher) it will help me greatly in being able to teach the basics and gain a greater understanding of the basics as well as refining my style and teaching skills for when I eventually have my own gym! Teaching has always helped to advance my game, so for that I am grateful, but, I am also thankful for Coach Allen recommending me highly for this position and having the faith and trust in me to be able to guide new people in their travels through the gentle art...The skills I have received from Coach Allen and Marcus have shaped who I am in the art, and will allow me to give others the gift I have been given I hope...Jiu-Jitsu really did save my life in many ways...I hope to be able to pass that on...So...I fight on....



Thought For Today: God is good! All day, everyday!

1 comment:

Andrew W. said...

Steve: I like the clear vision you utilize in your blog. And the fact that you are very honest with yourself, very refreshing. Not many guys do that these days. I find lots of wisdom here. Keep it coming. Good luck in your upcoming tournaments.

Andrew