World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ooh Ah Alliance'!

Team Alliance Before The BB Semi-Finals

My Friend Tarsis Humphreys

"Franjinha"

Lucas Lepri
Nicest Guy You Ever Wanna Meet That Can Whup Yo Ass! LOL


Braulio "Carcara" Estima

Gabriel Vella

Antonio "Batista" Peinado

Sergio Moraes

Lucas Lepri, Gabriel Goulart, Tiago Clemente

Rubens "Cobrinha" Charles Maciel

Kyra Gracie

Jacare' and Fabio On The Podium

Just About The Entire 2008 Alliance World Championship Team


Weigh 200 Even

This is being posted late, but it's about the final day of the 2008 Mundials...Everyone from Alliance came in their T-Shirts...Was a great site to see so many different people united and having fun...We took our seats next to the folks from Gracie Barra, and Gracie Humaita was across the way from us...each were also decked out in their team shirts...Brasa was there in a small group but we couldn't tell who they were unless they cheered for a Brasa athlete...Once the matches started, the chants started....I learned so many Portuguese curse words and slang derogatory terms it was ridiculous...This was especially fun during times when we had a competitor opposite one of the other teams...Our team did very well, and thus, we had a LOT of reason to celebrate during the dy as well as to deride the other teams...All in good fun though...As bad as the chants were, at the end of the competition, before the medal presentations, the teams pretty much had a good will and a lot of happy conversation...Alliance ended up winning the overall championship and we did a few more chants...I go pictures with a lot of guys I look up to in the sport, and have become good friends with...Got a lot of invites to come train in Sao Paulo as a lot of the guys I have gotten to know and gotten to be friends with train there with Fabio Gurgel...My damned toes still are killing me, and I am still down from my loss the other day, but times like this day almost made up for it...I will say this though, the team as it stands, along with the kids coming up and the guys who didn't make it this time will be a force for a long time to come...Also, seeing the instructors' joy, and being around the sport in a cpacity where I know I belong and can fit in with those at the top, I have made my decision up to go full force forward with my desire to own my own school...More on that later...Anyways, enjoy the pictures...I have to get back to training, b/c in July, I plan to win and at least be a World Champion amongst the old folks! lol...I fight on!


Thought For Today: "Life is not easy for any of us. We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained."

No comments: