World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Friday, June 6, 2008

In The Presence Of Giants

At The Pyramid - Cal. St. Long Beach - Mundials 2008

ME AND THE ALLIANCE TEAM
(The Next Six Pics)
Jacare' Cavalcanti

Fabio Gurgel

Tarsis Humphreys And Fernando "Soluco" Di Piero

Marcello Garcia

Rubens "Cobrinha" Charles Maciel

Gabriel Vella

Me And Carlos Gracie, Jr. - Head Of Gracie Barra and IBJJF

At The Spot Where Legends Are Made in 2008


Weight: I have no earthly idea...Forgot my damned scale.


I know I know...I've been here in L.A. since Wednesday and hadn't said a thing... Truth be told I've slacked a tad bit in the recent past b/c I have been getting ready for where I am now...
Mundials 2008
Walking among the greats of the game gave me a sense of what I've been involved in. Got in Wed. night get tot he rental car place, start to check in and the computers go down ...i have to get in a line and wait 15 min to get to the front to be told that i could have gone outside to get a car, gett he keys and come in for them to fill out the papers by hand b/c of the computers being down...i go..take my bags, open the car door, open the trunk and pack the car with my things, only to realize this car had no keys in it!!!...so i go back in, tell them, come back and select another with keys, then wait in line another 20 minutes and finally drive off...then had the hotel experience from hell..1st...they had me in a smoking-double...they ask me to check it to see if it smells too bad to stay in b/c they gave away my king non-smoking room as i came in late (even though i called ahead and they said they'd hold it!)...i go check, and not only did the room smell, but the whole floor had the horrible smell of smoke! eww...so i go back to the desk, and a different guy tells me he will help and get me a room which miraculously opened up...he makes me wait a few min and then gives me the keys to rm 1011...i get the bellman with my bags and up we go...put the key in the door, open it, and form the door i can see the bed is not made!!! So I am about to get pissed when a few more steps reveal the reason it isn't made...There's a man SLEEPING IN IT!!!!...The bellman sees as he is walking in behind me, and starts apologizing..we back out fast as hell...luckily the guy never woke up! LOL...I smelled alcohol in there so I gues she'd had a bit to drink and was knocked out!....So, back to the desk, and I get upgraded because of that and got my room...
1st day I get to the venue, and it's real laid back...Met up with the Alliance team and talked with all the guys I'd trained with, and worked on my Portuguese!...Had a bunch of good matches in the white and blue belts...Alliance had 3rd in white belt and 2nd in juveniles...
2nd day heated up as the brown(open)and the purple belts hit the mats..I got to take pictures with a lot of jiu-jitsu greats!
There's lots I am leaving out, but I am really nervous about tomorrow...Just want to give a good showing...Really just feeling insecure about my skills, but, everythign will be left on the mat tomorrow...EVERYTHING I HAVE!...Will hit this up later...I fight on!!

Thought For Today: Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.
I know it's A re-run but I liked it and need this line of thinking tomorrow!

No comments: