World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanks For Nominating

The Rest Of The World Is Waiting
I Think It's Time For Me To Go...

MAN, I Need Some Of This Today

Somehow It Will All Work Out

Where I Want To Be...The Top
At Preta One Day





The link above is to the Fightworks Podcast site and their BJJ Blog Of The year contest...They hold this contest yearly for the best BJJ related blogs, and in addition is home to the best podcasts on grappling and bjj in the world...You should subscribe if you love the art, or even if not....Thank you to all who went and said kind words about the blog on there to nominate this place for the contest!!! I really appreciate it...God Bless...



Weight: 202.8
I've had some really good practices lately, but my body is feeling pretty broken up...Especially my back...I cannot get this little series of nagging very sore spots in the mid to upper spine area to go away...That said, yoga has helped every other part of my body IMMENSELY....The successes I have had in training lately, I do owe to an increased study of the art, as well as to upping my training regimen, and definitely the flexibility and power throughout my range of motion gained from yoga....I enjoy it a lot and has helped very much to break through a little plateau I have been on...At least in my mind...
I must also tout Saulo Ribeiro's new book "Jiu-Jitsu University"...If you study the art....get it...period. It is laid out very well, very concise, and definitely easy to understand and follow...The tiny details and thought processes to techniques are laid out in a concise and progressive manner...I have found many little helpers to some of the holes in my game I am trying to fix...As for training tonight, I am going to focus on shutting down and passing De La Riva guard and reversals...and do some hard guard passing drills, and into rolling work on passing and very heavy control...Also working on being able to focus, to block out all that is swirling around me in my everyday real life outside the gentle art...Need some sort of change there too....We shall see...
Working on my goals for next year, and hoping that I can someonehow up my workload to be able to be worthy of attaining them. Honestly don't knwo if I can, but...I fight on....

p.s. I will leave them on here sometime in the first week of December...

Update-22:15:
Got to teach class tonight...was very refreshing and because I had to explain a few positional things to some of the people training, I also learned a lot myself...Funny how teaching someone actually allows you to go further in depth to subjects you thought you had a good handle on. Tonight while teaching the cross choke from mount as well as a few armbar variations, I had to explain to some of the newer people nuances of holding mount in high and low mount as well as using thebody to place the arms through for the choke....I picked up some tiny details that will help me finish at my level i am sure by walking them through the basics of the position...Also while teaching the brabo cros choke from side mount I workdd my way through a control issue i've had by slowing down and showing a student who had a question how to place and vary pressure from place to place in side mount...Love how things like that happen...Through all the crap I deal with daily, all the doubts about my place and skills in the gentle art, things like this...the tiny trumphs keep me deeply into Jiu-Jitsu in a way that keeps me level and sane....I fight on...

Thought For The Day: "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor ; spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

No comments: