World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Friday, February 8, 2008

Breaking Through...Faixa Marrom wishes...








Weight Update: Been fluctuating between a low of 204.6 and a high of 208.8...Trying desperately to get up to about 215...Going to try something different with my diet and ease back a tad on the cardio...

Training update...
This past week I had a couple of great practices actually...In spite of some really bad health issues, muscle fatigue, and stress in my personal life that seems to be just building...Things in training were pleasingly progressive...Did 2 a days twice...The holes I've had in my game (not saying what specifically, just in case any possible opponents read this) have been closing up or closed up nicely...Looking forward to proving this in competition soon!...Funny thing is, each time I've been corrected on something, or learned something, I've been not only able to adjust automatically to the moves and assimilate them, but to reproduce them effectively on some of the best in the class...It's kind of nice to be able to do this as I wrote before I was at a mental block somewhat when it came to making progress...Each roll I've had has been against the best guys in class, and I've been so effective that I surprised myself...the few things that Coach corrected me on, I have been able to immediately fix, and more importantly, not reproduce the errors again...I got a BIG compliment the other day, when coach told me I looked smooth, and that I was his best jiu-jitsu student now!!! :-D ...This came as I was working my top game as he watched...Felt good that nothing I did drew any criticism...My guard passing and control on the side was great...i felt like i really placed a lot of pressure on my opponents...I even got my under/over pass on big Sunia!!!(He's every bit of 320lbs and FAST for that size!)...Even though he just threw me across the room after I got to side control! lol... Hopefully over this weekend, I can perform, and do well enough that I can be belted...If so, I can find a tournament or two between now and Pan Ams to get ready for the different level of competition...Just wishing I could choke out some of the problems I got in every day life...Not sure but my body seems to be breaking down, and I can't help it...the muscle cramping/fatigue have gotten to a point where I think it's related to something else...hope not...As for the gentle art...The better I do, the more I feel like I should be doing this full time...Unfortunately, there's no money in it...:(...But I WILL be a World Champion one day soon...Just have to do it without the benefit of full time everyday training like most of the current champions do...

Right now though, I just need to work to get to Faixa Marrom so I can catch Kron at Pan Ams before he gets to Preta! I think I can do it(though just a few days back I didn't...God fills you in places to balance out where you feel empty)...Say a little prayer for me...Oh, my daughter is competing this weekend too...say one for her first!

No comments: