World Class Training At Pesadelo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

If you are looking for World Class BJJ Training Classes in the Dallas Forth Worth Love Field Area look no further. Click here to learn more about our new and exciting kids and adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training classes by Stephen "Pesadelo" Hall, Alliance BJJ Black Belt. Click Here to see about our FREE 30 Day Trial Program!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Joy In Repetition











Weight: 231.4

I have a LOT to improve upon. My technical skill, really is nowhere even in the same area code with how I wish it and need it to be. My passing is pedestrian, and I have much work to do to sharpen and make more efficient my submissions from the top. My pressure and control on top is much better but needs some drilling as well. Lastly, I need to work on NOT losing positions. Whether I get the sub once that position is lost or not, I need to maintain and improve positions until my opponent cracks. (I have much I am working on specifically but will cover these things as I do them as I will spend a couple months on each separately...)
I said all that to say, that as I teach, I realize within my own game, how much the depth of experience and knowledge is as opposed to what I truly have a grasp of and have implemented in my game. All that said, I am happy that I can identify, and be able to understand what needs to be done. Honestly, I am so very happy that I have found teaching as it gives me the same or even more happiness than competing at times. I have been blessed with good students who not only work hard, and are dedicated, but also good people. The same stress relieving I get from a good training session, I also get from teaching...Though they may not see it, my students are making GREAT stride in their personal games. I take great pride in being allowed to assist them in reaching their personal goals.
In as much, the fundamentals of the pressure game I was taught by Marcus, and the things I have developed on my own about the basics of attacking (even while defending) jiu-jitsu will be more emphasized in the coming months as I prepare my students for their first round of testing(Most will be testing for their first stripe on their white belt...The upper belts will be testing to establish where in their progression they stand....), which is coming the first or second week in November as well as for some upcoming tournaments. Hopefully, we will have some more students in in the coming weeks as I am really working to make this my life's work.
On top of all of this, my dream of medalling at the Adult Mundials next year requires that I find my joy, in repetition. The happiness that comes from drilling positions incessantly....The understanding that comes from constantly working to understand the philosophy of position and the ideas necessary to implement to shut down an opponents options until they are forced to present the end game scenario is what I am seeking.
Having some sort of cyst in my upper arm is causing me pain, numbness, and loss of strength in my right arm so I am certain it must be removed as will the cysts developing in my right hand which is also causing pain. That said, I received word that my monster in my head(the big C) is in remission and I can only thank God and everyone's prayers for that! No injury, and no hardship will hinder me form my goals. I may be slowed, and I may be held back at times, but I will not be stopped as God is driver!....So....I fight on...


Thought For The Day: Psalms 27 --- 1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. 5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. 7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. 9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. 10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. 11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. 12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. 13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

No comments: